08/05/10

Catarina Viegas, nº8 11ºA3

The Past in the Present*Sem título

Since really soon I entertained me with pens and papers, since really soon I was not accustomed to fail. I went to the school and already knew how to read a book, to make a multiplication or a division. It was a constant cede to the desire of learn and develop. The nights that I spent seated on the lap of my father, feeling the warmth of the fireplace, learning more alphabet’s letters, more words, more numbers, were the trampoline for I didn’t to belong to a class of students of my age. It is these nights that are still saved in my trunk of memories. It was unchanging this routine of infallibility. It was with it that I grew up, it is without it that I keep me.

A proverb of the common sense says that: “ how much higher we climb, greater is the fall."I'm falling, but I didn’t fall yet … I climbed too much high and now the fall will be long. I have and I had until fall, high hopes. Maybe too much… And I know that that is what disappoints me when I fail, is the connection with the past that eludes me. But it is this illusion that makes me fight.

The student life hasn’t being easy: the results are not commensurate with the effort. I’m sure that I’m involved in many activities. I feel a empty time, but full of everything: I don’t get time to realize everything with calm and dignity because it is completely filled by busy seconds. It can be conducive to the fall, I admit. But I can’t live without this seconds. I know that I would be frustrated having too much time, useless. The defect persists in the fact that I can not leave these occupations.

I am surpassing a repair period, looking for a solution for the fails: a past irony.

It is, undoubtedly, this constant travel to the past that transforms the way like I view the present.

 

1 comentário:

Anónimo disse...

This text is very serious. It will be published (and translated) in "Bilingual Smiles", as it is really deep and very well structured. It deserves an attentive approach. Congratulations.
Your English Teacher